Saturday, January 30, 2010

#361: Substance- New Order


Sorry for the delay on this one. Came home to find my sis monopolizing the computer all day. No big.


Listened to: MP3


I’ve never been a huge fan of New Order. Their music’s good, but it’s basically Joy Division without Ian Curtis. And Joy Division was Ian Curtis. Come on, listen to “Everything’s Gone Green”. It sounds like it was for Ian, and he just died too soon to record it. “Ceremony” is the same way. I understand the importance to put a New Order album on there, but if it weren’t for “Bizarre Love Triangle”, the album wouldn’t pop out at all. Why not replace it with Technique or Power, Corruption, And Lies. I know this post is short, what can I say? 9am class. But I want to encourage you all to look up all three of these New Order albums: Substance, Technique, and Power Corruption & Lies. Then make your own decision. I’m gonna let this album stand, because while I much prefer Power…, I can see how this would be a better intro to New Order.


-Mike




See you guys tomorrow (aka later) for #54: Electric Ladyland by The Jimi Hendrix Experience.






No comments:

Post a Comment