Saturday, March 6, 2010

#337: CrazySexyCool- TLC

Yeah, you’re getting a whole week’s worth today. Never had time to post.


Listened to: MP3


After an intro that reminded me of the theme to Kenan & Kel, I almost anticipated to hear Radiohead’s Creep, since that was the title of the next track. Instead, I got the start of a brilliantly consistent R&B album that reminded me why I loved the 90’s so much. Without the overproduced sound many R&B albums have, tracks like “Creep”, “Diggin’ On You” and the masterpiece “Waterfalls” truly shine. This is doubtless one of the finest albums of the 90’s, with appearances from Busta Rhymes and Andre 3000, and the girls of TLC in full form, despite their tragic before (financial trouble and Lisa’s fun with fires) and after (the unfortunate early death of Lisa Lopez).


The only downside to the album is that while it’s great, “Waterfalls”, compositionally and performance-wise, is far superior to every other track. The album is truly solid, and “Waterfalls” puts me in a great mood to go cast my film.

On that note, off to casting…(Ed. Note: The film has been cast, but when this was written on loose-leaf in my car, it hadn’t happened yet, so, yeah)


-Mike


See you tomorrow for #220: New Orleans Piano by Professor Longhair.

No comments:

Post a Comment