Sunday, February 28, 2010

#170: Live At Leeds- The Who

Listened to: Vinyl

Can I be frank with you folks? It is vile how little I write about The Who on this blog. Tommy was grossly underwritten, and considering my 5 hours worth of sleep, Live At Leeds is about to get the same treatment. But maybe that’s ok. Because maybe The Who, especially Live At Leeds, doesn’t need much “reviewing” from me. The Who speak for themselves. There’s an enchantment that overcomes me, and I like to think everyone else with any sense, whenever you hear the Who playing live (either on a recording or actually in concert, both of which I’ve had the pleasure of doing). And, I’ll say this with all sincerity, Live At Leeds is the greatest live album recorded, second only to At Fillmore East by The Allman Brothers. These boys are at their concert peek here, and I only hope you can all experience the same magic I always feel when I set the needle down on the groove on this one. The Who don’t need my reviews. After a killer half-time show, a series of amazing albums, and some of the best songs in rock history, The Who speak for themselves.

Or, maybe that’s just a cheap excuse for being too tired to write a long review. Take it however you will.

-Mike

Well, tomorrow should be kind of fun maybe. It’s #377: CrazySexyCool by TLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment